General Guideline Build
- In terms of dps sentry doesn't lose much compared to main dps build.It does pretty well as dps support class.
- I mainly use this build for legendary missions and incursions.
- For weapons, I use Urban MDR and M700 carbon. Urban MDR for mid and close range whereas M700 carbon for long range. Weapon talents that i did consider for urban mdr would be ferocious/destructive/brutal. Since sentry basically build up stacks by landing headshots,brutal can be consider. For now I'm running ferocious with destructive.
- For marksman rifle,you will want to get M700 carbon instead of M700 tactical. M700 tactical is missing one weapon mod slot. For M700 carbon you can consider talents like destructive/ferocious/prepared/elevated. You want to go pure damage and hit the npcs hard. I go with destructive/prepared/elevated.
- Skills I'm running are flashbang and damage booster. Pair up flashbang with mdr you get tons of damage bonus. I didn't use pulse for this build it's because CHC and CHD doesn't matter much. With over 200% headshot damage,you just need to land headshots consistently.
- Often you will see your damage threshold around 2mil~3mil can be done easily.
- Another thing,for the holster beside 7% skill haste you can consider reload speed too. That extra bonus reload speed is just too good! Dropping from 25% skill haste to 18% skill haste wouldn't matter much. Depending on your personal preference.
For Amherst's Apartment and Grand Central Station
- Sentry is pretty versatile for this two new maps. Majority of the layout is an elevated position makes it easier for you to get the elevated bonus and get those snipes.
- Some of the close quarter areas can be rough thus making sniping in this areas to be challenging. In this case,make use of flashbang and urban MDR for quick clean up.
- Landing those headshots and build up 6 stacks is very helpful for your teammates. The stacks will definitely spread among the npcs easily since they are quite close to each other.