Description: This somewhat unorthodox build offers a switch between two similar playstyles, a Cover-Shooter or FrontLine SMGer. It can be run in either Solo or in a Group, however it is best when there is a healer available.
Primary Weapon: The Big Alejandro is a great weapon that utilises cover shooting extremely well due to it's Exotic Talent, and therefore goes hand in hand with Mobile Cover. It's high RPM is also great for burst damage, which is part of the strategy for this build.
Secondary Weapon: The MP7 is assigned to the D3 half of this build, and even when it isn't being used by the Ballistic Shield, this is a great tool to use in CQC if you need to take down a target rushing you with no ammo in your LMG, and the talents help this.
Possible Alternatives: Nothing utilises cover like the Big Al' does, however a possible replacement would be the L86 LSW/Military or the RPK, because of their intermediate RPM and Lightweight models. Talent-wise, you could swap really any good damage talent for Cover-Shooter. Any top-tier SMG is a good replacement for the MP7, maybe even the House.
Sidearms: Anything works here really, I just picked the 1911 as a personal preference.
• Mobile Cover - One of my favourite skills, very versatile. The modification allows a weapon buff which synergises well with Big Al'.
• Ballistic Shield - For use with the SMG/D3-FNC. You can tank a tonne of bricks with this out, so it essentially powers the frontline half of the build.
• Strike Back - Great talent all-round, if you do reach low-health and don't have a Ballistic Shield, which is rare, then this will hopefully get you one.
• Tactical Advance - Great for moving either to or from the Mobile Cover, or standard cover for a decent damage increase. Can really make a difference in an engagement.
• Steady Hands - Since you're gonna be entering different forms of cover a lot of the time, this helps with hitting as many shots as possible.
• On the Move - Mainly to be used with Ballistic Shield, also helps if you get attacked during a cover-to-cover maneuver and need to quickly takedown an enemy for some extra damage protection.
Once you enter an engagement, this is the way you want to usually play it, or variations there of:
• Find a base of cover, make sure it has decent lines of sight so you can burst down a few enemies before moving. Once you've emptied a magazine or two, throw your Moblie Cover into a good spot with more lines of sight. This will proc Competent. Quickly perform a cover-to-cover to proc Tactical Advance and these two combined with the Mobile Cover buff and Big Al's Talent will give you a big big damage boost, as well as Steady Hands for that recoil control. While in Mobile Cover, once Competent has run out, you have two options. You can either tap R1 to prime your Shield and reactivate Competent for the Big Al', or switch to the MP7, tap R1 and exit the Mobile Cover to deploy the Shield. Once this has been executed, get into close quarters with the enemy to get max damage with Responsive and Competent. If it is only a small group of enemies, deactivate the Cover and carry on with the mission, however if it is a larger group of enemies, find a position where you can perform a cover-to-cover to your Mobile and rinse and repeat.