Build Notes - Build is aiming for a 6k Striker Heal. Decent survivability and self-healing while maintaining great DPS.
Gear Notes - As resistance is entirely PvE we will be aiming to have lots of PvE talents
- Chest - HP and Enemy Armor Damage.
- Mask - Enemy Armor Damage and Damage to Elites.
- Kneepads - Enemy Armor Damage and Damage to Elites. Shock and Burn Resistance.
- Gloves - Crit Chance/Crit Damage. Enemy Armor damage instead of a Weapon damage is a real option here (see Weapon Notes)
- Holster - Crit Chance.
- Backpack - HP or Stability (only if you have difficulty controlling your weapon, e.g. a bullfrog). This also where you want one of your firearms gear piece to be if you want both a PvE or PvP set due to the backpack being the only gear to have no major differences between PvE/PvP. I choose Ammo capacity here instead of Burn Resistance due to the lack of free ammunition in Resistance.
Mod Notes -
- Gear Mods - Damage to Elites with 4 Stamina and 1 Firearm.
- Performance Mods - Can be a bit tricky and varies. Pulse Crit Chance, First Aid Self Heal, First Ally Heal (if in groups), Support Station Duration (if playing in a group with no reclaimer).
Weapon Notes - Due to the nature of Resistance, you'll want to be carrying at least one of every weapon. Use whatever weapons you like, I'm just listing the most common recommendations.
- Assault Rifle - Lightweight M4 or LVOA-C.
- Submachine Gun - The House.
- Shotgun - Tactical/Blackmarket SASG-12 or Showstopper.
- Light Machine Gun - M249. Recommend Reload Speed Magazine and Grip.
- Marksman Rifle - I really don't have a recommendation here. Semi-auto rifles are a bit more useful in close range combat IMO, but primarily use it to snipe targets in cover at a distance.
- Off-Hand - Any semi-auto pistol that you like. Use it in the earlier rounds when there are weaker enemies to conserve ammunition. Centurion can be used if you're using a Liberator to proc the set talent.
- Talents - Deadly/Destructive/Responsive/Predatory/Vicious (if playing with a proper healer) for main talents and Ferocious/Determined for Free Talents. LMG's can't use Responsive. Highly recommend consistently having predatory on most weapons and at least 1 non-off hand with Determined equipped (I recommend using it on an Assault Rifle).
Skill Notes - Choose 2 regular Skills based on your preferences.
- Skill Option 1 - Pulse (Tactical Scanner) - Easy DPS Increase
- Skill Option 2 - First Aid (Any) - Healing
- Skill Option 3 - Support Station (Ammo Cache) - Ammo sustain, absolutely necessary to limit wasting SHD on ammo refills.
- Skill Option 4 - Mobile Cover (Extended) - If playing in groups and camping in a spot with limited cover, using this can temporarily give your team additional cover.
- Skill Option 5 - Seeker Mine (Airburst) - Crowd Control Sets enemies on fire easily for the Pier 93 mission to kill enemies set on fire.
- Signature Skill - For Solo play, Recovery Link is a must. For teamplay, what you pick is largely dependent on player preference and what the team needs.
Passive Talent Notes - Again, choose talents based on preferences and for the appropriate situation.
- Option 1 - Precision. Pulses target on headshots, great DPS increase and tracking targets through cover.
- Option 2 - Critical Save. Consistent and powerful survivability increase when using medkit at low HP.
- Option 3 - On The Move. Damage Reduction on enemies killed while moving.
- Option 4 - Strike Back. Reduces skill cooldowns when reaching low health. Pairs well with Striker's self-healing, less useful when in a group with a healer.
- Option 5 - Combat Medic. Applies 40% Medkit heal to teammates, only when playing in Groups.
- Option 6 - Adrenaline. Provides immunity to Crowd Control for seven seconds when a medkit is used. Recommended if not running Immunizer Station or in a group with a reclaimer.
- Option 7 - Tech Support. Use to increase the duration of Support Station, especially valuable during solo play.
- Option 8 - Repo Reaper/One is None. Ammo Conservation talents.
- Option Blackout - Fear Tactics. Easily chain shock enemies, very useful for easy crowd control.